The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is an all-volunteer non-profit, operating with no paid employees. The passion and dedication of our volunteers drives our mission of enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter.
Why volunteer for SASF?
- For the animals, of course! SASF provides the Shelter with the means to optimize the care of the many thousands of dogs, cats and critters it takes in each year.
- To develop your network. You’ll meet many skilled professionals who dedicate their time and talents to saving animals and strengthening our community.
- To build your skills. Use your professional and personal talents to work on projects you are passionate about.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
SASF Committees include:
- Marketing: We are always in need of strong writers, designers, and videographers to help us tell the story of the great work SASF and the Seattle Animal Shelter are doing together.
- Auction: We rely on volunteers to help us procure items, work with donors, and volunteer on the day of the auction to make our biggest fundraiser of the year a reality.
- Events: We hold three to four major events a year and rely on many volunteers to help us organize and execute these events.
- Development: This committee defines and executes our strategy for building our donor base.
- IT: The IT committee oversees our website and contact management system, stewards our data, and advises on new system requirements and procurement.
- Finance: The Finance committee, under the leadership of the Board Treasurer, maintains our accounts, and manages all financial transactions and tax filings.
Please let us know your area of interest and time commitment. There’s plenty of work to be done and so many ways to get involved, from one-time opportunities, to project-specific openings, to on-call experts.
Send us your resume with a statement of your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll connect you with current opportunities. You can also sign up for our email newsletter (see “Newsletter Signup” at the top of this page) to get the latest news from SASF.