The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is an all-volunteer non-profit, operating with no paid employees. The passion and dedication of our volunteers drives our mission of enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter.
Why volunteer for SASF?
- For the animals, of course! SASF provides the Shelter with the means to optimize the care of the many thousands of dogs, cats and critters it takes in each year.
- To develop your network. You’ll meet many skilled professionals who dedicate their time and talents to saving animals and strengthening our community.
- To build your skills. Use your professional and personal talents to work on projects you are passionate about.
What volunteer opportunities are available?
SASF Committees include:
- Auction: The purpose of the Auction Committee is to plan and execute the annual Raining Cats & Dogs auction. Auction volunteers are recruited from the Board of Directors and other SASF committees for procurement and day-of auction positions.
- Development: The purpose of the Development Committee is to lead SASF’s fundraising initiatives and to help develop strategies for the cultivation of our donor base.
- Events: The purpose of the Events Committee is to support the mission of SASF, raise awareness of SASF’s mission in the community, and provide visibility for the organization via events. We hold three to four major events a year and rely on many volunteers to help us organize and execute these events.
- Finance: The Finance committee, under the leadership of the Board Treasurer, maintains SASF accounts and manages all financial transactions and tax filings.
- Governance: The Governance Committee is responsible for board recruiting, development, and assessment; board succession planning; volunteer recruiting, management, and evaluation; committee development and support; and policy development. The Governance Committee also provides training and management for SASF’s SharePoint site.
- IT: The IT Committee manages and supports the systems which enable SASF to do its work. These include systems for donor management, events management, this website, and SASF internals using Office 365 for Nonprofits. The IT Committee also provides expertise with data analysis, imports & exports, and reporting.
- Marketing: The purpose of the Marketing Committee is to promote key fundraising events and initiatives while raising awareness of the Foundation’s mission and purpose in support of the Seattle Animal Shelter. Target audiences include current and potential donors, local businesses and organizations, and a broader audience of animal lovers in the Seattle community. We are always in need of strong writers, designers, and videographers to help us tell the story of the great work SASF and the Seattle Animal Shelter are doing together.
Please let us know your area of interest and time commitment. There’s plenty of work to be done and so many ways to get involved, from one-time opportunities, to project-specific openings, to on-call experts.
Fill out our volunteer application and we’ll connect you with current opportunities. You can also sign up for our email newsletter (see “Newsletter Signup” at the top of this page) to get the latest news from SASF.